Thoughts from Tracy Williamson
This weekend, I had an interesting conversation with a fellow associate on the importance of how we present ourselves. This week let’s look at “The Artist in the Mirror”, and see if what we see, translates the same to the fans/listeners.
- How much time do you put into developing your overall look or appearance?
- If you were the consumer, how would you describe “The Artist in the Mirror”? Now be honest.
- Now of course creativity comes with the package, but if placed on a scale, would your “look” outweigh your music?
- As you look at “The Artist in the Mirror”, ask yourself, who and what do I represent?
- Now I am not saying your “look” must be perfect, but be open to getting help from experts in that area.
- Yes as Gospel Artists, you are under a microscope and this can frustrate your creative side, but when in doubt stick to God’s Side.
- How you present yourself is Very Important especially when you are Aware of WHO you’re representing.
- If you are unable to pay for a stylist, check out fashion magazines at the library or the bookstore.
- Always remember that you are not the only one who sees “The Artist in the Mirror”.