Thoughts From Tracy Williamson
- Hey Artists! What “Song” are you singing and do consumers know you, the song or both?
- It’s important to know that having a Hit Song does not always equate to a long lasting career. That’s why Artist Development is vital.
- When selecting songs for your project, try not to rush the process and assume that EVERYONE will gravitate towards it.
- If you are a Songwriter/Artist, it’s good to be open to other ideas, so you won’t be overwhelmed… being burnt out is not healthy.
- For Artists/Songwriters, handle your business and Copyright your Songs! That one step can literally change EVERYTHING.
- If you have not done so, please contact these Performance Rights Organizations: ASCAP, BMI or SESAC and learn how your song = royalties.
- If the current Song Trend doesn’t fit your style, don’t force it; be authentic because that’s what consumers will remember.
- Lastly when God gives you a Song to share, do just that and Trust that He will give you more. You never know what He has in store.